Food Safety describes the handling, preparation, and storage of food in ways that prevent food borne illness.
Diseases that people get from eating contaminated food are an important cause of illness, disability and deaths around the world.
The Region's Food safety programmes include:
- Training and certification of Food Handlers
- Inspection and certification of Food Establishments and Tourist Establishments.
- Food borne disease outbreak monitoring and investigation.
- Food Recall monitoring and evaluation
- Inspection of imported foods